The Mechanical Designer is responsible for developing the mechanical drawings which communicate the design and/or assembly of packaging and process conveyor systems and material handling equipment to the fabrication and assembly operations. The Mechanical Designer works closely with the Mechanical Project Engineer and other Nercon team members to prepare clear, complete, and accurate detail drawings from a layout drawing to produce part drawings, detail drawings, component lists, BOMs and assembly drawings. Mechanical designers may be called upon to design and detail complete lines of conveyor from customer specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Includes but not limited to the following):
- Develop mechanical drawings which communicate design and details for fabrication and/or assembly in accordance with customer specifications.
- Utilizes knowledge of various machines, drafting practices, mathematics, materials, and other physical sciences to complete drawing.
- Determines dimension of parts, materials to be used, relation of one part to another, and relation of various parts to whole structure or project.
- Creates part drawings for fabrication.
- Creates detailed drawings used by the assembly team to build equipment.
- Develop project Bill of Materials, custom parts and stock parts reports.
- Proficient in mechanical design using AutoCAD version 2019. Proficiency in Solidworks and Driveworks design is a plus.
- Proficient in creating drawings to use in manufacture of parts and assemblies.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Use appropriate problem-solving methods to identify, analyze, and solve problems in an engineering environment.
- Ability to learn new concepts and design tools; ability to take concepts and develop them into finished products.
- Ability to learn Nercon engineering processes, assembly processes and ERP system.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, plant/equipment layout drawings, and governmental regulations.
- Communicate design ideas using a variety of communication methods. Ability to communicate with various levels in the organization from fabrication, assembly, engineering and sales.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Function effectively and productively within a team-focused work group.
Education and/or Experience
Associate in Applied Science Degree (AAS) in Mechanical Design from an accredited college; or equivalent combination of education and experience. The education or experience must include a good working knowledge of mechanical component design.
Nercon offers an array of benefits to help employees obtain health care, further their education, save for retirement, and keep healthy.
- Health Insurance
- Prescription drug coverage
- Dental insurance
- Vision coverage
- Company paid Life insurance and AD&D coverage
- Option to purchase additional Life insurance
- Short-term disability insurance
- Identity Theft Protection
- Confidential Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible spending account
- 401(k) with Company match and with additional company profit sharing contributions
- Tuition reimbursement (full-time and part-time employees)
- Vacation in the first year of employment
- Nine paid holidays
- Safety shoes and glasses reimbursement
- Onsite Fitness Center ~ Neenah
To apply for our Electrical Project Engineer position, email your resume to Steve Anklam at the email below.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Nercon is an equal opportunity employers, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.