Electrical Project Engineer
Nercon is a full service engineering facility and a manufacturer of custom material handling and conveyor systems that services primarily Fortune 500 companies.
We are seeking an Electrical Project Engineer to join our Electrical Engineering team working in our Neenah, WI corporate office.
The Electrical Project Engineer is responsible for developing the electrical design and/or assembly of packaging and process conveyor systems and material handling equipment in accordance with customer and/or Nercon specifications. The Electrical Project Engineer works closely with the Mechanical Project Engineer, Electrical Designer, and other Nercon team members to prepare clear, complete, and accurate detailed control system hardware and software designs from the project proposal and/or rough or detailed sketches to produce a full line of custom conveying equipment to meet customer requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
Either solely or by directing other project team members:
- Develop the project solution / design meeting the scope, budget, and timeline established, including project change orders.
- Interface with the Sales Department to analyze and define project requirements.
- Responsible for project compliance with all applicable codes and customer supplied specifications, and/or Nercon specifications.
- Generate specifications for and evaluate bids from outside vendors/suppliers and develop the project electrical Bill of Material.
- Interface with the customer to verify project requirements, receive design approval, and participate in Factory Acceptance Testing.
- Develop project release to manufacturing package and support the product fabrication and assembly processes.
- Participate (as required) in the testing of the finished product and final inspection prior to shipment to customer.
- Actively lead and participate in department-related process improvement projects.
- Ability to travel to customer facilities to conduct design review meetings and/or commission and/or troubleshoot applications and systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge and demonstrated ability of Design/Engineering practices and electrical concepts specifically as related to custom conveyor and/or material handling equipment with a typical project value of $25,000 - $50,000.
- Proficient in advising project team members with basic to moderate technical design and/or application problems.
- Proficient in developing control system wiring schematics of custom conveyor/material handling equipment using computer aided design tools, specifically AutoCAD Electrical version 2008 or higher.
- Proficient in engineering application software (i.e. PLC/PAC and HMI development software – especially Rockwell Automation’s RSLogix500 version 7 and higher, RSLogix5000 version 15 and higher, and FactoryTalkView ME version 4.0 and higher); software applications from other manufacturers (Siemens, Wonderware, etc.) a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Proficient using appropriate problem-solving methods to identify, analyze, and solve problems in an engineering environment.
- Proficient in using design tools and ability to take concepts and develop them into finished products.
- Proficient in the Nercon project engineering process and ERP system.
- Proficient in reading, analyzing, and interpreting general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, plant/equipment layout drawings, and governmental regulations – especially the latest versions of NFPA70, NFPA79, and UL508a.
- Proficient in communicating design ideas using a variety of communication methods.
- Proficient with mathematical concepts such as fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Function effectively and productively within a team-focused work group, specifically as a project leader.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and/or projects simultaneously.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor of Science Degree (BS) in Electrical Engineering or related field from an accredited college or university and five (5) years’ experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. The education or experience must include a good working knowledge of Electrical design and/or assembly of packaging and process conveyor systems and material handling equipment.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Current driver's license with acceptable driving record as defined in Nercon Employee Handbook
Ability to maintain a Performance Assessment rating of “Successful” or greater
To apply for our Electrical Project Engineer position, email your resume to Steve Anklam at the email below.