Nercon is seeking an experienced Systems Administrator to join our IT team. In this integral position, you will use your analytical skills to troubleshoot network systems and recommend improvements. You will use your strong customer service skills to help end users, to provide solutions to problems, and to follow up after the implementation of your solution. Be a part of growing and successful team and join Nercon!
The candidate must be self-directed, organized, have excellent communication and interpersonal skills. The candidate is also required to have a high-end customer service experience, be a quick learner, and team oriented, with proficient troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following
- Troubleshoot network systems and recommend improvements to network. Provides tactical and strategic input on overall network planning and related projects.
- Evaluate and oversee the security of the current network and recommend ways to improve.
- Ensures thorough documentation for all facades of network/software configuration and processes for daily support and disaster recovery.
- Maintaining and adapting Disaster Recovery needs for Nercon.
- Monitor and maintain the company’s clients, printers, servers, and network devices.
- Manage and troubleshoot backups, updates, upgrades, and virtualized servers.
- Provide support, installation, integration and compatibility testing on business/software applications.
- Ensure all computers and office equipment runs efficiently and meets the business needs.
- Manage and maintain the company’s data wiring, switches, telephone services, cell phones, faxes and support all offsite facilities.
- Manage and support of Cisco Phone System.
- Requires strong customer service skills including solving rising problems and follow-up after implementation of solution.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are a must while working independently, multi-tasking, and an attention to details with excellent organizational skills.
- Ensures IT operations, data, and processes comply with regulatory and license related requirements.
- Assist the IT Director in various projects, quickly learn new technologies.
- Perform additional duties and projects as assigned by IT Director.
- Weekly work schedule: 40-45 hours per week. Primarily out of Neenah, WI office; Oconto, WI production plant as required (2-8 times per month). Weekend and non-office hours may be required as needed for IT projects.
- Two (2) years of network management/server administration experience on Windows Server, and Windows OS required.
- Knowledge in Networking, Virtualization Technologies, SQL Server, and Scripting Languages is a plus.
- A desire to exceed project, client, and co-worker expectations.
- Ability and desire to research solutions.
- Show patience and understanding when working with end users.
- Ability to work independently or in a self-directed team environment with little to no supervision.
Education and/or Experience
- Associate Degree in Computer Science or related field. Two years of network management/server administration experience on Windows Server, and Windows OS required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Current driver's license with acceptable driving record as defined in Nercon Employee Handbook.
Minimal level of physical exertion. Required to sit, reach, operate office equipment, walk and stand.
Majority of time spent in an office. When on production floor, safety PPR required as needed. Production area is not uniformly heated or air-conditioned.
To apply please click button and send resume to Steve Anklam.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Nercon is an equal opportunity employers, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.