Information Technology Manager
Nercon is seeking an experienced IT Manager. Being a team player is key and this candidate will need to be willing to manage and grow a variety of areas including desktop support, network architecture, maintenance and support, phone system support, and software. This position reports to the Executive V.P., but meets regularly with the executive team to develop short and long range Information Technology plans in alignment with corporate strategic business goals.
The candidate must be self-directed, able to manage and prioritize the activities of others, well organized, have excellent planning, communication, and interpersonal skills. The candidate is also required to deliver a high-end customer service experience, be a quick learner, and team oriented, with proficient troubleshooting and problem-solving skills. Experience in a manufacturing environment is a plus.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following
- Provides strategic input on overall network architecture, planning and related projects.
- Ensures the efficient transfer of data between Sales-Engineering-Manufacturing.
- Make decisions about installation, maintenance, and upgrades on major applications in the workplace.
- Build and maintain relationships with existing VAP services & utilize those services to supplement staff and expedite projects.
- Maintain essential IT operations, including operating systems, security tools, applications, servers, email systems, laptops, desktops, software, and hardware.
- Maintain a active record of all hardware and software licensing and a projection of anticipated end of life replacement.
- Own projects, solutions, and key responsibilities within business initiative.
- Research and evaluate emerging technologies, hardware, and software and service providers.
- Ensure business policies on equipment are being followed.
- Ensures thorough documentation for all facilities of network/software configuration and processes for daily support and disaster recovery.
- Adapting and testing Disaster Recovery needs for Nercon.
- Provide support, installation, integration, and compatibility testing on business/software applications along with being responsible for supporting Nercon’s ERP initiative.
- Ensure all computers and office equipment meets the business needs.
- Requires strong customer service skills including solving rising problems and follow-up after implementation of solution.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are a must while working independently, multi-tasking, and an attention to details with excellent organizational skills.
- Take ownership and keep Nercon moving forward with Cyber Security to help keep company safe and secure.
- Ensures IT operations, data, and processes comply with regulatory and license related requirements.
- Weekly work schedule: 40-45 hours per week. Primarily out of Neenah, WI office; Oconto, WI production plant as required (2-8 times per month). Weekend and non-office hours may be required as needed for IT projects.
- Five years of network management/server administration experience on Windows Server, and Windows OS required.
- Knowledge in Networking, Virtualization Technologies, SQL Server, SSRS, and Scripting Languages is required.
- A desire to exceed project, client, and co-worker expectations.
- Ability and desire to research solutions.
- Show patience and understanding when working with end users.
- Have patience and understanding when working with all employees.
- Ability to work independently or in a self-directed team environment with little to no supervision.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or relevant experience in Technology or Computer Science. Seven to Ten of IT experience and Two years in IT management.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Current driver's license with acceptable driving record as defined in Nercon Employee Handbook.
Minimal level of physical exertion. Required to sit, reach, operate office equipment, walk and stand.
Majority of time spent in an office. When on production floor, safety PPR required as needed. Production area is not uniformly heated or air-conditioned.
To apply please click button and send resume to Robyn Tiedt
Equal Opportunity Employer
Nercon is an equal opportunity employers, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.